Are you a seafarer?
Launch the Seafarers’ Rights App on iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry or even on your laptop or desktop computer.
Follow the instructions further down this page to save the app to your phone or tablet for instant access wherever you are.
Know your rights
- Browse to a website, or highlight the item that you want to create a shortcut for.
- Press the key > Add to Home Screen.
- To change the name of the shortcut, type a new name.
- To change the location where the shortcut appears, change the Location
- To add the shortcut to your Favorites panel, select the Mark as Favorite
- Click Add.
iPhone \ iPad
- Tap the bookmark icon
When you’re on the page you want to create a shortcut to, just tap on the bookmark icon.
- Tap on ‘Add to home screen’
When the bookmark options appear, tap on ‘Add to home screen’.
- Change the shortcut name
Edit the shortcut name to something you’ll find easy to remember and tap on the ‘Add’ button.
- See the shortcut appear
You’ll then see a shortcut appear on your iPhone’s home screen. Just tap on this icon at any time to open your saved page on our mobile friendly website.
Add a bookmark to your home screen using your default browser
- On your Android device, open your default mobile browser.
- On your mobile browser, load any page that you like. It can be a page that leads to a download link, resource site, etc. The type of page or post doesn’t really matter.
- Once you’ve loaded the web page, press the menu key or “Settings” button. On the list of options, press “More” then select “Add shortcut to home screen”.
Add a bookmark to home screen using Chrome on Android
- Launch your Chrome browser.
- Open any page or site.
- Click the small star icon next to that page’s URL (refer to your browser’s address bar). You will then be asked to edit your bookmark name, URL, folder, etc. Just click “Save” once you are done.
- Now that you’ve added a page as a normal bookmark, go back to your home screen. Long press your home screen then go to “Widgets”. Swipe all the way to the “Shortcuts” tab and then select and drag the “Bookmark” widget to your home screen.
- You will be asked to choose the bookmark that you want to place on your home screen. Just choose one from your bookmarks list and that’s it. You have successfully added a new bookmark to your home screen.
- For devices running on older Android versions, just long press on your home screen and then choose “Shortcuts” > “Bookmark”. After which, select the site or page that you wish to place on your home screen and you’re done.